Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas!

...as the witches and wizards from the world of Harry Potter would say. Or as my Cuban people would say "Feliz Noche Buena." Christmas is finally here and I can't help but be warmed by that fact.

Though I'm definitly in a cheery mood, I must confess I'm a little homesick today. My mom is cooking a great meal that I can almost taste. More than anything I miss my family, their warmth, their love.

If I can't be home for Christmas, though, this is the second best place to be. Seeing Mike this happy, makes a little homesickness worth it. His brother and sister are here, it smells of freshly baked cookies, we just finished watching Scrooged, and presents will be opened tonight.

As a photographer, I can't get over how difficult it is to get pictures taken of myself or with Mike. I've become an ace, however, at setting the timer and running to where Mike is standing patiently. This picture could be better, but it's cold as all get out and I wasn't going to dally. Take the picture and get back inside!


Happy Christmas! Felicidades!
May your Christmas be filled with all the things that make this life worth living: Family, faith and love.

3 comments:

Elaine December 26, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Merry Christmas!
You guys look awesome, snow suits you.

Unknown December 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

We missed you both. We had a great feast and a good time. We have to plan ahead next year so both families can be together.
Love you both
Mama

gisy December 27, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Happy Christmas Laineyroo! miss u and see you soon! :)

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP