Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Years Ago Today...

Two years ago today I married the love of my life...



That morning I woke up to the sound of wind and rain. My mom and dad were already in the kitchen working on the food. I remember walking out of my room and saying, "Well, I guess the wedding's going to be inside."

I still get choked up when I start to think about the people who made the trek to the Outer Banks for our wedding or those who helped us move an entire wedding indoors thanks to that pesky tropical storm that erased the beach for the day. All of it: the crazy storm, seeing my friends from high school sitting with Mike's grandparents, looking over and seeing only faces of people that we cared about--no obligations, no judgements--made walking down that aisle towards Mike all the sweeter. We knew that the people there with us were there to support the promises we made to each other, not just on that day, but for as long as we stay married, which by my estimation will be um, forever.

Our marriage works because of the love and support we have from our families and friends. And not just starting the day we got married but from the very beginning--10 years ago this April.

I couldn't ask for a better person to share my life with. He has so many wonderful qualities that make me love him but if I had to pick just one is that he makes me laugh. It's the type of laughter that comes from the inside and makes everything better.

Happy anniversary,my honey.


All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP