Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

I was all set to do this elaborate picture collage to show all the things I'm grateful for, but I thought I'd keep it simple. Today and everyday I'm grateful for the things that make me happy and for those things that don't. The first is the reason I wake up every morning, the later helps me appreciate how fleeting happiness can be. It's been a tough year in many ways, but one filled with so many blessings that it's hard not to be overwhelmed by it all.

My gratitude list could be a website all it's own. I try to show gratitude on a daily basis--sometimes by saying a simple "thank you" or by stopping for a moment to thank God for the way the sun breaks through the clouds during sunset.

I hope that this Thanksgiving finds you surrounded by family, friends and good food. Happy Thanksgiving!

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” 
~ Albert Schweitzer ~

0 comments:

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP