Friday, October 9, 2009

Random Thought Friday

* Can I just tell you I cried yesterday watching Jim and Pam get married? (Scott, stop rolling your eyes) The whole episode was hilarious but the last ten minutes or so did me in. Especially the very last part where Jim said:

“I bought those boat tickets the day I saw that YouTube video. I knew we’d need a back up plan. The boat was actually Plan C. The church was Plan B. And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.”



Give Me My Remote has a great recap of the whole episode here. Also, because who doesn't love Jim Halpert in his underwear?:



~
* Text conversation I had with Scott today (I do NOT text and drive!):
   
    Elaine: Does it make me fat that I just drove through a KFC for a soda and two biscuits?
    Scott: Ha. No. I ate two breakfasts yesterday.
    Elaine: No AC in my car. Stuck in traffic. Hottest day ever. Awesome.
    Scott: Get out, rip off the lone hupcap and fan yourself with it.
    Elaine: I really drive around with one hubcap. I feel so ghetto.
    Elaine: I got a free extra biscuit!
    Scott: Three?
    Elaine: No, five. I ordered four because it was two for $.99 and I felt bad just charging two bucks. If I eat all five I will jump off my balcony.
   
* Erin Brockavich is stirring up some shiz in West Palm Beach! I hope that I never live near a "cancer cluster." Thanks NPR, for freaking us out while you keep us informed. 

* Thanks to the lack of air conditioning in the hoopty I drive and the atrocious heat, I looked like I was rockin' some dreads this afternoon. Great.

* Just looked up the definition for Hoopty. From Urban Dictionary: Basically, a piece of shit car. Yup, about sums it up.

* Why do people like Two and a Half Men? Is it funny? I just don't get it. It's like the No. 1 sitcom in America. Look at this picture. Is there something I'm just not getting?

* Is it normal to crack yourself up? I mean, I seriously laugh at my own jokes.

* So while I was toasting in my car on my way home stuffing my face with KFC biscuits (I only ate one!), this girl was driving next to me on a yellow Vespa. She looked super cute with her long blond hair, white shorts and nice legs. I gave a little fist pump, though, when I drove past her and noticed she had an ugly nose. Is that mean? I'm a hater, right? Don't you hate finding out that you kind of suck?


*Just got these texts from my bro-in-law AJ:
 
"I just witnessed the most amazing police escape ever. Cops & pedestrians are on road adjacent to the highway. Dude gets away & runs across highway frogger style"

"I realize now that if I left work 14 seconds earlier I probably would have clipped this Houdini during his daring escape going 65 mph."

* There is nothing like coming home to a nice, steamy pile of poo. Our puppy is still having her senior moments, but we found out from the vet that it's just her knee that's messed up. Now we just have to fix it. Anyone know how?

I haven't posted a picture of the day recently so here is my return to all things normal. This picture was taken last Sunday during my first engagement photo shoot. This is my friend Nuria and her fiance Anthony cracking up. It's my favorite of the entire session:


5 comments:

Yanelle Garcia October 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

This post was totally, random, but...I will comment anyway.

I didn't cry, but my eyes watered. I loved it. I will watch it again tomorrow. Did you see Dwight's 3 wolves shirt?? Michael K just about died! I loved it all.

The pic of your friend came out rockin'. I love it.

Remember: Oct 17...I look like a princess in my dress. Truth.


Love.

Wiggs (The Beholder) October 12, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Um, I cried and so did Dave. He actually cried more than me. AWWW.

I agree with you about Two and a Half Men. I think people like it because somewhere, somehow, it's always playing on at least one television channel. Whenever I'm channel-surfing, it's ALWAYS there! Like a fart that won't waft away.

Scott October 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Funny you mentioned Two and a Half Men. Every time I see that show on TV, I wonder who, exactly, watches it? I feel like if they would figure out a way to work in more sex jokes or make the kid seem dumb, the show might be a success.

Unknown October 15, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

You had me practically crying when I read your text message exchange with Scott. You guys are hilarious!

Btw, I HATE 2 and a 1/2 men also. Show sucks and I don't get why ppl watch it.

p.s. love the engagement pic. Can't wait to get these blasted braces off so you can take my pics.

Gisy November 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

you crack me up dude. really. im just going to read all your shit and not study.
someone must like Charlie and the show.... but its just not amusing, at all.
i love how i was rolling my eyes when you told scott to stop it. lol!

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP