Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Are We Human Or Are We Dancers?

The night of The Killers concert, Yani and I were definately dancers. Our husband's went but this was the Yani and Elaine show--fo' sho'. I was excited for this concert. More excited, I have to admit, than I was for the Metallica concert. I can't quite compare my excitement to that of my sister's, however, given that she had a running countdown and will be naming her future first born Brandon (I think even if the baby is a girl), in honor of her "Boo" Brandon Flowers--the front man with the excellent vocals and adorable face.

Here were are pre-show. I look like I have horse teeth in this picture, but that is neither here nor there.

Though I was psyched to see this band and knew how great they were, I was not prepared to be as floored by their performance as I was. To say that they sound better live is an understatement. Also, I'm a sucker for crowds; they can either make or break a show. The sold out crowd at the Triple A did not disappoint.

I can't talk about the crowd, though, without mentioning the ridiculous difference between the Metallica concert goers and those there to see The Killers. Apparently, our little group of four didn't get the memo that we had to dress like skanks. I've never see so many non-practical stilettos in  my life. Seriously? How are you supposed to jump around and dance in those? Case in point:


I don't know how someone didn't twist an ankle or completely fall on their face.

The opening act was a random band call Chairlift. I'm not going to bash their music, because I listen to some pretty random stuff and so shouldn't talk. I'm only going to note the positives like how the lead singer was really into playing her keyboard. You could just tell that she rocked the Casio as a kid. She did this sick windmill move before hitting the keys that had mimicking it the whole night. She also wore mom jeans and played a wicked cowbell. We had Cowbell Interpretive Dancing!

I will say this about Chairlift, Brandon called them up on stage to perform "Under the Milky Way" by The Church. It was a great cover that prompted me to download the original the next day. I only hope that I can somehow find the version they did somewhere and get that sucker onto my ipod. In the meantime, here is the live version for your listening pleasure (note the mom jeans):



Besides this song, they played a wonderful combination of new and old tracks that had everyone jumping out of their seat. My sister's face was priceless the whole night:



When they played "Bling (Confessions of a King)", the song the makes me feel like FloJo, I about lost it. I almost fell over in my seat. It's that every songs elicited the same response because they were all equally stupendous. They played three songs for the encore...three! When they played "Mr. Brightside" and "All These Things that I've Done," the crowd went completely insane. It was great to be in the middle of all that. Check it out:



I'm still on a such a high from this concert and have been listening to their new album Day and Age on loop since Sunday. Great stuff. I even made a t-shirt to commemorate this event that I'm going to surprise my sister with. Surprise, sister! They are already ordered!



I feel so fortunate to have been able to experience two excellent concerts with two amazing fans. Music is such a part of my life. I'm so happy to have been so surrounded by it this weekend.

Here's a parting shot, because life ain't worth living without an awesome husband, great music and some cotton candy. Forgive the face, it's the only one I've got.



Up next: Pictures from my photo sessions this weekend and my thoughts on National Public Radio.

1 comments:

Yanelle Garcia October 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

(take two: I had written a kickass comment from my bberry...don't know where it went)

I can't! I soooo wish it was saturday again!! I had such an amazing time.

I put Hot Fuss, Sam's Town, and Day & Age, and some from Sawdust into moms itunes and I put a greatest hits playlist into her iPod. I'm sure she'll love it.

Thanks for the shirt! What does it say? I can't make out the text.

Anyway, yes my boo is fantastic and I can't wait until (yet to be conceived) baby Brandon is born so I can get the onesie (it's $15 : Xmas is around the corner hint to the hint) and I am making all of their songs into lullabys. True story. Ask Jorge, I sing them to him all the time.

I'm glad you and Mike went and that I was able to go batshit for the evening. :) my knees were not too happy on Sunday, though, from my jumping.

Love u.

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP