Thursday, September 17, 2009

That's What She Said

About two weeks ago, I was handing out this state test to one of my classes. When I gave one of my students the test packet, she said aloud, "Man, this is thick." Suddenly another student shouts out, "That's what she said." Now, I told him that was inappropriate because that's what I was supposed to do, but really I was giving him a mental high five because it was hilarious. I tell this story because The Office starts today. It's actually a national holiday in Elaineville.

Not only is The Office premiering tonight (9:00, NBC), Bones (8:00, FOX) is brand spankin' new, too. Yani and I are obsessed with Booth and Bones, namely Booth. The thing that I love about this show besides the humor and the crackling sexual tension between the two leads (I might make this my wallpaper), is that I actually care about the secondary characters and what happens to them. That's part of the reason why I love The Office so much. Sure, at times is can be so uncomfortable that you almost have to look away but it's laugh out loud funny and the secondary characters are what make it so great. Also, I can go for days talking about how much I love Jim and Pam. I actually watch those fan videos they make on Youtube with the clips of the show and the sappy love songs. Mike might need to have an oxygen tank for me for the episode when they get married. You know, just in case.

It's not enough for me to just watch these shows, I have to be all up on the news and what's happening. Elaine + the internet=BFFs. A great website for Office scoop is Officetally. The site is constantly updated with spoilers and news about upcoming episodes. It's the no. 1 Office news source. Another great site is givememyremote.com. It covers a ton of shows including Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Glee--pretty much all the shows I love to watch. While searching for a good picture of Booth (here's another one), I stumbled upon this website that I'm quickly adding to my blogroll. And, without a doubt, I've got to mention Entertainment Weekly that's filled with so much goodness it's almost a crime (I'm a subscriber). What's great about this website is that they have show recaps, the latest gossip, news and a little thing called PopWatch that's all kinds of awesome. While I'm at this, I'll give you one last website that is chock full of fun: PopCandy. The catch phrase is "Unwrapping pop culture's hip and hidden treasures." And does she ever. A great place for tv, music, movie and comic news.

Here's my TV watching list and the show times incase you want to check them out. I'll occasionally mention them here, especially if it's a noteworthy episode.

The Office (Thursdays, 9pm/NBC/Premiering tonight)
Bones (Thursdays, 8pm/FOX/Premiering tonight)
How I Met Your Mother (Mondays, 8pm/CBS/Premiering Monday, 9/21)
Big Bang Theory (Mondays, 9:30pm/CBS/Premiering Monday, 9/21)
Glee (Wednesdays, 9pm/FOX)
So You Think You Can Dance (Wednesdays, 8pm/FOX)
Trueblood (HBO/On hiatus)
Burn Notice (USA/On hiatus until winter)

What's your TV list for this season? Any shows you're particularly excited about? Leave your list in the comments.

~

Today's picture of the day was taken from the car on the way home from the beach. I loved the clouds and the sky's funky blue.

2 comments:

Yanelle Garcia September 18, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

I got you, baby...

Oh my god...I <3 Booth

Unknown September 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

I'm giving that kid a mental high five too!!! Good timing and delivery! LOL ;)

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP