Monday, September 28, 2009

Horses? Horses!

Horses! That's what I thought as I parked haphazardly on the side of the road. Horses, horses! I was driving with Mike to my parents house when I saw them. Where the 'rents live is a little bit of farm country so it wasn't a surprise to see the horses but this time I had my camera and the lighting was pretty so I had to stop.

They were behind a fence so I had to get close. Then suddenly, this beautiful brown horse, let's call him Harold, made eye contact with me and trotted to where I stood. Here he is making his way to me:

Needless to say, I felt special. I was surprised by how friendly he was. I wouldn't call myself a horse person, if only because I've never had the experience of riding one, so I was a total coward and didn't pet him eventhough he was all up in my grill. Mike did, and for that he was the champ of the day.
More pictures of Harold* and his buddy, Pip* after the jump:
*I do not know if these are their names but they sound like fun.


Pip looks like a friggin' unicorn!



This one is one of my favorites. Mike took it from the car while he waited patiently for me to get this out of my system. Can you say new profile picture?


Have any of you ever been on a horse? Are they scary? More importantly, do they smell?

2 comments:

Yanelle Garcia September 28, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

You have been on a horse before. When we were little...with Tito.
Peace.

Chris September 29, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Mike was only brave enough because of the beer he drank during the Giants game LOL! They seem like very friendly animals and I am sure they smell.

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP