Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yoda, you guys.

This poster is one of the many that will be gracing the walls of my classroom this year. In case you can't read the little writing, it says: READ and the force will be with you. You can't go wrong with a little Yoda wisdom in your life.

Tomorrow I've got my first official meeting of the 2009-2010 school year. The summer is winding down and I have to wrap my mind around the idea of going back to work. I'm not complaining. I think half of you would push me in front of a bus if I were. I'm just nervous is all.

This year is going to be a doozy, I can feel it. I've got all tenth grade regular students. And it's the year that they have to pass the FCAT. I'm also the 10th grade team leader. All eyes will be on me to make sure that these kids past this test. I just want to get them to read. But I know that if I buy into it, they will, too.

I'm exicted to get back, I won't lie. I miss my students that graduated. My first batch. I didn't mess them up too badly, so there's hope for this group. And this is where Yoda comes in. When I want to pull my hair out, and we know there are going to be plenty of these moments, I'll just look over at his little fuzzy face and think of this line: "You will find only what you bring in."

Here's to getting back to it and hoping to stay sane in the process.

0 comments:

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP