Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Folks, I'm a stalker...




I totally stalked this couple. But look at them, how could I not? We went all the way down to the MET Saturday but it was too nice a day to be stuck inside a museum. Instead, we walked down through the park to find a grassy noll in the shade (no need for sun when you live in it all year long). I was excited because I could sit and take pictures and Mike could draw and maybe I could write.

It was the perfect day. Really. I mean, not a cloud in the sky, the wind blowing through the trees just so, people's voices carrying over to us in the breeze. They were lying on a blanket under a tree. They looked like people I would like to know. So I took out the camera. Mind you, I used a 300 mm zoom lens that looks like a telescope with a shutter that sounds like a rifle. Not very inconspicuous.
My sister, Yani, has a good take on it. She said, "Those people definitely noticed... I mean, how can they not? I bet even if they couldn't 'see' you taking pics of them, they could 'feel' you creeping around....it's very National Geographic."

I wanted to go up to them and ask for their email so that I could send them the pictures but it would have just confirmed my creepiness. I think they finally noticed when I was taking pictures of a puppy that was rolling around in the grass. I caught them looking at me then at the camera.
Oh, well. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. All in the sake of art, right?

3 comments:

Unknown August 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Woooo...Lainey, I thought you knew them. Damn that is pretty creppy of you. lol. J/K. They are good pictures though.

Anonymous August 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Yeah uh, I live in NYC and was at the park with my girl on Saturday....I think these pictures are of us. Can you please email me so my attorney can send you the cease and desist order? Thanks. joeblokenyc@aol.com

Unknown August 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Love your pictures and writtings

All Pictures © Elaine Palladino 2009

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP